“For our team” Rosario leads Tigers to win over Giants


From the cheering section for the Tigers,  spectators give shouts of joy in Tokyo on Aug. 7.



Rosario leads Tigers to win over Giants

By Miwa Takahashi

Aug. 7, 2018



Tigers defeated Giants 7-4 in the Central League Championship Aug. 7 in Tokyo.

Tigers member, Wilian Arismendy Rosario hit a grand slam. Rosario added four runs in the bottom of the first inning.

Rosario was playing in the second team because of a batting slump. He said he stepped into the batter’s box to make something happen for his team.

“I kept hitting a ball of the strike zone in mind. And I got a result.

“Now I received good advice from my coach. I was so glad to be able to lead my team to victory by my first grand slam.

“As long as I do play, it will help my team as well as myself. The possibilities which our team will win is still left.”

Giants Hisayoshi Chono hit a solo homer and added a run in top of the second.

Chono also had a run-scoring and both Takumi Ooshiro, You Daikan hit home runs with no runners on base in the top of fifth.

Tigers Kousuke Fukudome hit a two-base hit.

Yoshiki Itoi hit a two-base hit as well. Tigers got two runs.

Tigers added a run in the bottom of the seventh to give the Tigers the win.

It gave the Tigers a three-game winning streak.

Tigers coach Kanemoto said when Rosario hit, the team usually wins. But, it does not sound realistic.

“However, it was definitely nice home run.

“Our team is on a three-game winning streak now. I think Tigers lineup finally ignited. If  you ask me, I want the starter to be able to pitch for a long term.”

コメント

人気の投稿